Too many people live with the harmful realities of obstructive sleep apnea without realizing that there are effective treatments available. Sleep apnea is not only inconvenient; it can actually lead to a number of whole-body health issues if left untreated. For this reason, it is crucial that you seek treatment for sleep apnea in a timely manner.
Today our Lincoln Park dentists are reviewing some of the common signs and symptoms of sleep apnea. Our hope is that this information will help you recognize sleep apnea issues in your own life, so that you can get the treatment you need before sleep apnea does too much damage. Let’s get started!
If you are dealing with sleep apnea you might notice that:
· You’re suffering from chronic headaches, especially after waking in the morning
· You’re dealing with fatigue during the day
· You have concentration or memory problems
· You wake frequently in the night; you may even find that you are gasping or choking when you’re jolted awake
· You suffer from loud and disruptive snoring—many people actually first realize that they’re dealing with sleep apnea because their sleeping partners are kept awake their chronic snoring!
· You’re waking up with a dry mouth or sore throat
· You start dealing with mood changes or emotional swings
Sleep apnea robs you of the healthy, restful sleep that you need to stay well and to operate optimally during the day. Long-term sleep apnea problems may actually put you at risk of suffering from further health issues, including heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, and more.
Our Lincoln Park sleep apnea dentists strongly encourage you to seek treatment for sleep apnea issues as soon as you notice them. The sooner that you start treatment, the better your long-term prognosis. Give us a call to schedule a consultation with our team!