Have you ever wondered why you are supposed to undergo regularly scheduled professional dental cleanings and assessments? Our Lincoln Park dentists are here to give you the information that you need about maintaining this habit.
So, when you come in for your six-month appointment, our dental team will:
· Clean the accumulated bacterial plaque and tartar off of your teeth and gums
· Complete any preventive treatments that you may need
· Assess your smile for signs of emerging decay or damage
· Complete an oral cancer screening
· Let you know if there are any changes that you need to make to your regular oral hygiene routine
Here are some of the reasons why you should keep up with these professional appointments!
· Plaque is always building up on your smile, and, unfortunately, it is impossible for patients to totally get rid of plaque at home. That is why, every so often, you need to have a dentist, using professional toots, give your smile a clean slate. Doing this every six months helps to ensure that we get rid of harmful bacteria before they cause serious problems in your mouth.
· Many oral health problems, including oral cancers, are very hard for patients to spot in their earliest stages. Six month appointments give our team opportunities to diagnose and start treating oral health problems before they become severe.
· When our dental team sees you on a regularly basis, we are also able to help you continually tweak your at-home oral hygiene routine. We’ll let you know if you need to make any changes in the tools and formulations that you’re using, as well as the frequency with which you brush, floss, or use mouth rinse.
Even if it has been a long time since you have completed a professional dental cleaning, our Lincoln Park dentists are here to help you get into a good routine. Please call our office when you are ready to schedule a consultation—we are here to help!